We are seeking a motivated Accounting Assistant. Are you able to multi-task? Do you enjoy working independently but also working in a team environment? Our Accounting Assistant may be the right role for you! Oak Point Associates, a fast-paced Architectural & Engineering firm, has an accounting position open in our Biddeford office. Someone with prior accounting experience is required.
The accounting assistant will support the accounting department with data entry, processing and recording transactions, bank deposits, and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Process transactions, issue and mail checks, update project/client information and prepare reports.
- Perform basic office tasks such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, ordering office supplies and other day to day tasks as needed.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in person.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience in an entry level accounting role.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Effective personal organization skills.
- Ability to meet job performance measures with minimal direct supervision and guidance.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work under stress or in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Experience with ArchiOffice and Quickbooks is a plus. Must be proficient in word and excel.
Full-Time position Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Oak Point Associates, 231 Main St., Biddeford, ME 04005 or email to HR@oakpoint.com.
Oak Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.