Oak Point Associates is a dynamic, full-service architecture and engineering firm with offices in Portsmouth, NH and Biddeford, ME. We work on projects of all sizes, with our largest market sectors being in educational design (K-12 and University/College) and Federal Government contracts. We are growing our Fire Protection Engineering department and are seeking a full-time, energetic and talented engineer to join our Portsmouth team.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
- U.S. Citizenship
- The physical capacity to conduct on-site building reviews, including carrying a ladder and field work bag, and climbing a ladder to access above-ceiling spaces
An EIT or PE in Fire Protection Engineering, and knowledge and experience with fire protection engineering, modeling tools, and experience with national codes and standards (NFPA, IBC, UFC) are preferred but not required.
- Researching and applying codes and standards related to fire protection design and engineering
- Assisting with the development of calculations, reports, drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Assisting with the standardization of specifications and checklists
- Conducting on-site surveys of existing facilities, as well as reviewing projects under construction
- Analyzing egress systems, passive fire protection systems, sprinkler systems, fire alarm, and mass notification systems
- Composing clearly written documentation of designs, building reviews, and construction inspections
- Communicating clearly, professionally and cordially with colleagues, clients, and authorities
Oak Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a flexible and supportive work environment, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth. We offer competitive salaries, paid vacation, sick time, holidays, company-sponsored medical insurance, life insurance, medical and dependent care flex plans, continuing education reimbursement, and a 401K match.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Fire Protection Engineering Position”. No phone calls, please.