Oak Point Associates is a dynamic, full-service architecture and engineering firm with offices in Biddeford, ME and Portsmouth, NH. Our work focuses on projects of all sizes, with our largest market sectors being in K-12 Education, Higher Education and Federal Government contracts.
We foster a company culture that encourages wellness, and offer numerous outings during the year, company ski condos, and a company Strava group that collaborates on a yearly fitness goal.
We offer competitive salaries, licensure assistance, paid time off, health insurance, continuing education reimbursement, 401K match and a flexible work schedule.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated, Architectural Designer/Job Captain with a passion for the design and detailing of buildings, sustainability, and the overall construction process to join our award-winning team. If you are eager to take the next step in your career and join a company that provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and opportunities for professional growth, this may be the ideal opportunity for you! This position is available in either of our offices.
- Assisting in the design process from the initial programming meetings through construction
- Working with our integrated design team on the preparation of construction documents
- Generating renderings and graphics to communicate design elements
- Assisting with construction administration
- Conducting existing condition surveys
- Preparing estimates of probable cost
- Researching and applying codes and standards
- LEED accreditation, WELL accreditation or Passivehaus Certification a plus
- Communicating clearly, professionally and cordially with colleagues, clients, and authorities
- A Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 plus years of experience
- Architectural License not required, but those with on the path to licensure preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience with Autodesk Revit and AutoCad, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Photoshop
- U.S. Citizenship
Oak Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Captain Position”. No phone calls, please.