Oak Point Associates is seeking a Civil AutoCAD Drafter/Technician with 2+ years of experience with Autodesk Civil 3D software. Survey experience a plus. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in many types of projects, supporting our team in a wide variety of engineering design and drafting tasks. Candidate must be proactive, have excellent communication skills, and a professional attitude. Technicians should be prepared to work on multiple projects through all phases of documentation. Candidates must have solid math skills as well as the ability to work quickly and efficiently, maintain a positive attitude, learn and grow in the position, and lead others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Design and drafting of engineering plans to include alignments, profiles, cross sections, utilities, and general plan drawings
- Produce topographical profiles, cross sections, surface TINs, earthwork calculations, and grading plans with assistance from Project Manager or Engineer
- Perform routine drafting assignments that require judgement in resolving issues or making recommendations
- Prepare quantity take-offs from conceptual drawings and final construction plans
- Perform field measurements and assist with topographic surveys
- Work under guidance of engineers or other designers to complete assigned work within budgeted timeframes
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Equivalent combination of above education and experience.
- General CAD and Civil 3D experience required with at least 2 years’ experience