Oak Point Associates is a dynamic, full-service architecture and engineering firm with offices in the vibrant cities of Biddeford, ME and Portsmouth, NH. Our work focuses on projects of all sizes, with our largest market sectors being in K-12 Education, Higher Education and Federal Government contracts.
We foster a company culture that encourages wellness, and offer numerous outings during the year, company ski condos, and a company Strava group that collaborates on a yearly fitness goal.
We offer competitive salaries, licensure assistance, paid time off, health insurance, continuing education reimbursement, 401K match and a flexible work schedule.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated, Structural Engineer to join our award-winning team. If you are eager to take the next step in your career and join a company that provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and opportunities for professional growth, this may be the ideal opportunity for you! This position is available in our Biddeford office.
- Structural Engineering Design experience for both new and existing building and related structures consisting of structural steel, cold-formed steel, reinforced concrete, reinforced masonry, and wood/timber.
- Proficient with structural analysis/design software including RISA, RISA FOUNDATION, RISA CONNECTION, RAM STRUCTURAL SYSTEM, ENERCALC or similar and Excel.
- Experience in AutoCad and Revit is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum of 10 years’ related experience.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Maine and/or New Hampshire or ability to be licensed within 6 months.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Preparation of design calculations.
- Structural detailing and overseeing preparation of construction plans.
- Preparation of contract specifications.
- Cost Estimating.
- Field investigations to document existing conditions.
- Structural observations/inspections of ongoing construction projects.
- Preparation of engineering reports.
- Review of work of junior engineers.
- Interdisciplinary coordination.
Job Type: Full-time
Oak Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, paid vacation, sick time, holidays, company-sponsored medical insurance, life insurance, medical and dependent care flex plans, continuing education reimbursement, and a 401K match.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Structural Engineer”. No phone calls, please.